Followers


Honeymoon!
Powered by Blogger.

Engagement 12-12-2008

Wedding Day 12-12-2009

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's Getting Real!!!

So....yesterday, Lawrence and I went to our first "nurse's visit".  After talking to other mommies, I was little worried about the nurse's visit, because no one had heard of it before.  Anywho, the appointment went well but was quite long.  The nurse asked several questions regarding our health and past medical history.  Everything went well. Then she said the dreaded words: SHOTS!  Yep, I had to get a flu shot.  I'm not a fan of shots, but I'm aware that they are a necessary evil.  The shot was quick, not painless, but quick.  She also said:  BLOOD.  Yep, I also gave 5, FIVE, 5 vials of blood.  I know all this is to ensure that our baby continues to grow and healthy and strong, but man, it was not FUN.  I was very thankful that I didn't become faint while my blood was drawn. 

Speed up to today, while working on paperwork in my classroom today, my doctor's office called.  I was told that I needed to be seen within the next two weeks, and not a month out like was previously scheduled.  This mommy began to panic.  I should have prayed first, but I didn't.  I just simply panicked. What if something was wrong, or they saw something in my urianalysis or blood work?  Thank God, that this wasn't the case.  The nurse that completed our nurse's visit doesn't usually conduct them, and wasn't aware that the nurse visit's was followed up with a two week appointment with the doctor.  My heartbeat slowly returned to normal, and I laughed at myself, after thanking God profusely.  This baby business is hard work.  I'm so thankful for this pregnancy, but it's also really scary.  So many things could go wrong, but so many things could go right.  God's Will will be done in my life and in my child's life regardless of what my heart desires.  However, I know God is aware of how much I love this little pea pod I'm carrying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment