Followers


Honeymoon!
Powered by Blogger.

Engagement 12-12-2008

Wedding Day 12-12-2009

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Two Seconds of Fame

Thursday night, TPS and I attended the Distinguished  Classroom Teacher Banquet (DCT) for the Clarksville-Montgomery County Education Association. 

Back in January, my fellow teachers and I voted for our Green Apple and Distinguished Classroom Teacher. Green Apple candidates must have 4 years or less of teaching experience, and the DCT is 5 years or more.  This girl won the GREEN APPLE!  I was so honored that my fellow teachers thought enough of me to vote me as the Green Apple and to represent them and the school.  Our DCT was a very well deserving teacher that teaches READ 180, a reading intervention program for students reading two or grades below.  She has been teaching for 10+ years.  She totally deserved it!!

My parents and my MIL attended the banquet with us.  It was so nice of them to clear their schedule to watch me experience my two seconds of fame. My FIL was unable to attend due to a church emergency, he was missed!   The banquet was very nice, but like almost everything I own, except for my college degree and high school diploma, my first name is misspelled.  Every certificate I have ever gotten has my first name misspelled.  So is the life of a girl with a complicated first name. 

Let's talk giflts!  LJ and I have discovered through the Love Dare, that my love language is gifts.  I love giving gifts just as much as I love receiving gifts.  And I thought it was so sweet of my parents and my in-laws to think of me and think the night was important enough to gift me with something.  My in-laws gave me a beautiful coral colared jewelry set, and my parents gave me the cutest pink cardigan and grey pencil skirt.  They definitely know what I like!  HA!  I kid, I am just so very blessed!


I'm up next! 


Me relishing in my two seconds of fame

And the two seconds are over! :(

Shae about to experience her 2 seconds


My fantastic family


Us Girls



Shae and I with our awards
Shae won DCT for her school.
 It was such a fun night, and I was so honored to represent my school. It definitely solidified why I went into this career field. I love being teacher, and I definitely wish I could recognize all the great teachers I work with.  They totally deserve it, way more than me!  

1 comment:

  1. Go you! :D A huge CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And as usual, you're looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete