Followers


Honeymoon!
Powered by Blogger.

Engagement 12-12-2008

Wedding Day 12-12-2009

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 2 and some more junk







Posted by Picasa 
Green cropped jacket: NY and Co.
Dress:  Cato's
Black boots: Sears (exact replica of Steve Madden Black Inka boots)
Black turtleneck: Sears
Tights: Wal-Mart 
1 day down, 29 to go!  Just typing that makes me feel overwhelmed!  I try not to let comments from other people validate my ensembles!  My clothes are my clothes, and I am okay with that.  One of the many reasons I started this challenge is due to my self esteem.  As women, we do struggle with insecurities about weight, hair, looks, skin, the list could literally go on forever.  However, I have to remember whose I am, and what I am.  I have nothing to be ashamed of.  I am made in my Father's image, and that makes me happy.  I have seen so many cute outfits, and have thought to myself..."Oh, I can't wear that because of this or that".  BUT NO MORE!!!!!   I will wear what I want to wear with a big 'ol country grin on my face!  TPS DID give me an extra kiss this morning after taking my picture because he liked this outfit so much!  HEHE 

My point is, if you feel confident in what you wear than don't let anyone make you feel otherwise. When I left my house this morning, I FELT GOOD, and I felt that I looked good too, only to be greeted with a stare downs from co-workers.  But instead of being the old Tishia that would have said some snide remark as my reply, I turned the other cheek and gave them a smile. (I did have to express my distaste with one of my co-workers, because we work in the exact same classroom!)  They don't make me and they for sure can't break me. So my challenge continues in so many ways!   

Also, shout out to Becky and  Emma Kay who commented on yesterday's post You women are pretty awesome!  I am so happy that you commented and decided to follow!  I can't wait to read all about you and your happenings.  This blog world is one exciting place to be!   

Also, another blog to read is Jessica's blog.  She is an amazing mother of a beautiful daughter, and has a wonderful husband. Wish I could hang out with her in real life!  She was the very first person to comment on blog, and I truly truly appreciate it!   Her walk with God is inspiring!   

Well, until next time, which will be tomorrow! 



4 comments:

  1. I loved your outfit today, but you always look cute so it wasn't really different from any other day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this color combo - you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, anyone who was looking you and up down was only thinking "gee she's looking stylish, I wish I looked like that". Unfortunately though people these days don't compliment, only harvest jealousy, so we assume they're thinking the worst of us. I'll bet if you start complimenting others on their dress sense they'll start opening up and letting you know that they really do like your ensembles. And if we all keep the ball rolling on dishing out the positives, who knows where else we'll be complimented - our parenting, our efficiency, our listening skills maybe???

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea {30 outfits for 30 days} and I think you look FAB! I love how the green jacket sits at your waist, making the dress look more like a skirt. Then, when you take the jacket off, you have a whole different look! Genius! Also, I am a total lover of layers, which you used perfectly in this outfit!
    I'm a new mom {new blogger too!}, so my looks consist of frazzled hair and nasty sweats on most days...so sad. But maybe I see an inspiration coming on?? ;)

    ReplyDelete