Followers


Honeymoon!
Powered by Blogger.

Engagement 12-12-2008

Wedding Day 12-12-2009

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 4 and Lots and Lots of Rain

Hi world!  I woke up this morning to lots and lots of rain.  Well actually, I woke up frequently throughout the night to the snores of TPS and thunder/lightning.  Still trying determine which one is which! As TPS slept and slumbered, I ,while tossing and turning, thought of just how much we are blessed.  God has truly done some amazing things in our lives, and I know He has so much more planned for us.  However, a part of me wants to wait for the inevitable "bad".  You know....something the opposite of good.  But I know I shouldn't  visit that part of me, but in retrospect I need to acknowledge that it's there.  My faith is wavering when I visit that place.  God doesn't promise a perfect life, He promises a life with His everlasting love.  And pure and simple, that love should be enough. And all He asks of us is to follow Him with a full heart.  It comes down to trust, and I must trust in the Lord.  So there is my soapbox for today. 

Yesterday's outfit was fun.  I realize that it wasn't the most flattering on me,  but it looked better in the mirror.  However, it is one of my 30 for 30, so it had to be worn.  I  realize that this time next week will be my 9th day of 30 for 30.  So WOO HOO! 

While talking to a co-worker this morning...I realized that March Madness is around the corner!! I love me some March Madness.  The bracket, the games, oh how I love the games.  I am not much for regular season games, but I LOVE and I do mean L-O-V-E some March Madness.  I always root for the University of Memphis.  I went there my freshmen year, and it is a place of special memories for me (both good and bad).  GO TIGERS!!!! 

So without anymore further rambling from me.....here is the pic with the specs:

Cardigan:  Target
Ruffled Chiffon Top: NY and Co
Grey and black plaid pants w/ cuff: NY and Co
Burguny patent leather flats: Payless Shoes
Silver skinny belt: Ann Taylor Loft

2 comments:

  1. I must admit, when things are going great for me, I often fear what bad is lurking around the corner. But then I remind myself to leave it around the corner, it will come when it comes, but if I pull it into the now, then I'll have the bad for longer than I need to. And that's just plain stupid. The affirmation above my computer today is funnily enough "Please notice when you are happy" {Kurt Vonnegut Jnr}

    But I completely understand the needing to acknowledge it's there. Because living with the belief that all is rainbows and roses is naive and as adults, we should know better and acknowledge it. Especially when the bad is someone else's bad. We should have empathy, because can you imagine a world without it? OUCH!

    ReplyDelete