Followers


Honeymoon!
Powered by Blogger.

Engagement 12-12-2008

Wedding Day 12-12-2009

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Birthday Season is Upon Us

Meet my Mother-in-Law....isn't she lovely?





The Johnson Family!


My mother-in-law, or TPS's mom has a birthday today. Her birthday starts the "birthday" season.  Let me elaborate on why I like to call it the "birthday" season.......my SIL's birthday is in April, and then my sister and TPS's birthday is in May (the same day).   We have a break in June and July, then August hits.  Like I said before, I love birthdays, mine and all the people I love and hold dear, so I truly love to celebrate!  I believe that you should give "flowers" to those you appreciate while they live.


Ever since I started dating TPS, we have always went out to eat together as a family for this special occassion. And today is no different!  The Johnson Family will be eating some OLIVE GARDEN tonight, and this girl loves the OG!  TPS and I will be travel down the highway to Hendersonville to spend some QT with the fam. But we will be keeping it low key today as it is a work day, and this teacher has to be at work at 7 am tomorrow. 

I digress....back to my MIL!  She is one word=ELEGANCE!  This woman is absolutely amazing! She has been married to my wonderful FIL for 34 years, and the love they have for each other is never ending.  She truly is the "Claire Huxtable" of the Johnson family.  She is a retired physchologist for Centerstone, and got her masters while raising two small children.  She is the dedicated wife to a pastor, which is a struggle within itself.  She is so hard-working and driven, but her family comes FIRST without a doubt. With the help of her husband, she raised 2 beautiful, smart, and well-mannered children (one I married and love to pieces), and her list of accomplishments are astounding!  She is a great role model, and I am so blessed to have such fantastic in-laws! 

SN:  I used to be deathly afraid of her!  TPS has "liked" me since we were in middle school, and I always thought his mom didn't like me. I was a bit of a wild child in church, so I thought my "reputation" preceded me.  Also, TPS bought me a Mickey Mouse charm, and when we "broke up" I didn't give it back.  Okay......okay in my defense, I was 12 and when I asked if he wanted it back, and he said no.  So..... I didn't give it back. I know....I know!!!!!!




1 comment:

  1. hehehe, this is such a cool and cute post. I love the story about the charm. And are you sure you've got the right photo cause she looks SO young, way too young to have been married for 34 years! I hope when I'm taking photos with my boys as grown ups, I look like their sister rather than their mother too.

    ReplyDelete